Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Recent garden photos

I started my warm weather crop plantings last week.  I am busy figuring out irrigation, pest management, and more generally how to care for a garden on my own!  (Thanks to the parents for helping out and also to the chickens for not eating everything up.) 

I hope you enjoy the photos.



I successfully grew my own tomato starts for the first time ever, which felt pretty good:


 
The crops I planted earlier this spring have grown up quite nicely:





Lastly, I would like to mention that I harvested my first lettuce head while thinning the other day and was very happy about it:




I have a few more things to transplant or direct seed, which will hopefully happen in the next week!  

In the coming weeks and growing season, I will be featuring posts about my work (both volunteer & staff positions) with the following organizations:

Thanks for stopping by,
ET

1 comment:

  1. Looking good, Farmer Erika! Your lettuce is picture perfect. Looks like you are keeping busy learning and growing. Thanks for keeping us updated on your farming. Looking forward to hearing about the various projects you are involved in.
    Blessings,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete