Thursday, May 19, 2011

Leaving for India

Dear friends,

On Sunday, I am traveling to India as part of The College of Wooster's 2011 Global Social Entrepreneurship team.  We will be working with two NGOs in Bangalore- one which helps underprivileged children build life skills and another that helps disabled adults find employment.  The 2011 team includes myself, three peers, and a Wooster prof who will serve as our adviser.  I will be working from May 26-July 8 and afterward I will travel for 2.5 weeks around India.  I hope you enjoy my writings and reflections as I embark on this experience.

The Team.  Back: Kipaya '12 (International Relations), Sam '13 (Economics), Sarah '12 (Communication Studies) Front: Erika '13 (Global Sustainability Studies)


For additional readings (including an introduction to Team GSE 2011), please check out GSE's blog: http://global_se.scotblogs.wooster.edu/.  

Peace,
ET

3 comments:

  1. Erika,
    We are looking forward to hear from you and thank you for keeping in touch with us through this blog. Travel safe and have a wonderful time. Dries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika,
    Enjoy your time in India! What a wonderful experience it will be and such a worthy endeavor. You will be in our prayers. Warmly, Jean & Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika:
    What a wonderful adventure. I'll be looking forward to keeping up with all you are doing. I am so proud of you and have to say that your major sounds fascinating! Warmly, Julie Goebel

    ReplyDelete