Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A hello from Dancing Bear Farm

My two fellow interns and Steve are already busy at Dancing Bear Farm- the next season of organic vegetable, fruit, and seed production has begun!  I asked Leda (one of the interns) to write brief intro post- thanks Leda!  Stay tuned for more updates, I start work with DBF and Rogue Farm Corps on May 19th.

P.S. Make sure to "like" DBF's facebook page.  There are some great updates and photos there.

Hello! My name is Leda. I’ve been enjoying my month here digging in the dirt and learning at Dancing Bear Farm. I’m very happy to be part of the Rogue Farm Corps. We just had our first potluck get together where we met the other farmers and interns and directors and I feel so grateful to have found this program.  I grew up in a couple parts of Oregon and am happy to explore this region this season. I enjoy being outside, making music, most things related to food, and oooh so much more.

Early growing season at DBF
Since I have been at Dancing Bear we have seeded  many plants, transplanted, practiced unwanted plant control (weeded), sold produce at the Grant’s Pass Market, set up irrigation systems, and enjoyed the beautiful days in the Williams Valley.  I have learned a lot so far and am looking forward to learning from Steve as well as the other farms in the area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment